Beginning Beekeeping Seminar
October 26, 2013
711 Business Way
Wylie, TX 75098
This is an introductory course to the fascinating world of beekeeping for the beginner beekeeper. Learn the art of basic beekeeping and how to produce your own honey! We will delve into the amazing life of the honeybee and how to successfully be a beekeeper.
The seminar is led by an experienced beekeeper and includes lecture and hands on application of the presented material. This course is presented in 3 hours of classroom lecture and one and a half hours of application. These classes are designed for the beginner with no experience.
About the Instructor
Rachael Seida became a beekeeper at the age of fourteen when she received a youth scholarship through a local beekeeping club. She has worked in the beekeeping industry as a beekeeper, spokesperson, and educator for more then nine years. In 2008 Rachael traveled across the US educating the public on the importance of beekeeping, reaching more then 2 million people. She is currently a hobby beekeeper and keeps her hives in her backyard. She also teaches beekeeping classes through the Collin County Hobby Beekeepers Association, and co-chairs the Texas Honey Queen Program.
Included with the registration:
- Three-hour introductory beekeeping class
- Beekeeping handbooks (one set per family) – First Lessons in Beekeeping by Keith Delaplane and Beekeeping For Dummies by Howland Blackiston.
- 1 ½ hour trip to an apiary
885 Legend Trail
Wylie, Tx 75098
Visit a real bee-yard and go through a working beehive! Learn the safe and correct way to light a smoker, open a beehive, and check the health of the colony.
Long sleeves and pants are required.
Included with registration:
- One hour hands-on trip to an apiary
- One pair of beekeeping gloves
- Hive Tool
- Bee Veil/Helmet
- 9 am — 2 pm: Class Period
- 12 pm — 1:30 pm: Lunch Break
- 1:30 pm — 3 pm: Apiary Field Trip
- 1 pm — 4 pm: Class Period
- 4:30 pm — 6 pm: Apiary Field Trip
Advance registration is required
- $150 for one person
- $125 for additional family members
- $25 for each additional book set (one set included per family)
Download Beekeeping Seminar Registration Form